Benefits for Employers
Organizations need healthy proactive and productive people. Worsening health status and stagnating productivity are major concerns of employers. According to a 2011 absence survey, STRESS is the number one cause of long-term absence, and it is also hugely important in levels of presenteeism in the workplace. EAPs have been shown to reduce sickness absence, enhance job satisfaction and make a major contribution to the health and wellbeing of employees by providing timely support and information for managers and employees. Factors such as mental health conditions, sleep problems, stigma, and substance use and abuse affect business performance by reducing productivity and increasing both planned and unplanned absences. Many of these factors are either preventable or modifiable.
EAP plays an important role in organizational health and wellbeing, as well as recovery from emergencies, by addressing:
- Performance - supporting your employees and managers in their efforts to achieve excellent results at work
- Critical Incident Stress Management - playing an important role in helping individuals and organizations prepare for and recover from traumatic events
PIK Center provides a wide range of skills, expertise and resources for employers to manage issues before they become problems leading to absence from work. The result is a healthier and more productive workplace based on:
- Increased motivation, loyalty and staff morale;
- Reduced employee absence;
- Less lost working days through stress, anxiety and depression;
- Support during organizational change;
- Improved emotional health;
- Reduced workplace accidents;
- Reduced likelihood of workplace violence or other safety risks;
- Less exposure to litigation;
- Attraction and retention of the best professionals because of the better social policy of the company.
Benefits for Employees
The EAP is CONFIDENTIAL and FREE to EMPLOYEES and FAMILY MEMBERS. From everyday challenges to unexpected crisis, EAP is available to employees and family members to help if needed. The services are confidential. Employers get general statistical data about how the scheme is being used.
Employee Assistance Program is a short-term counselling service which is designed to help people understand or overcome their personal problems. EAP assists in the identification and resolution of a broad range of employee personal concerns that may affect job performance. PIK’s counsellors and advisors help the client put their issues into perspective and work with them to find practical ways to address their problems. They don't tell people what to do, but they will help them understand their problem and take positive steps to resolve it.
No problem is too big or small. Some employees may be concerned about a difficult conversation with a work colleague; others may be feeling low-spirited and depressed about family issues. Others may simply want basic information and legal or financial advice. The consultant will help the client decide on the best way forward.